Sunday, October 9, 2011

PRAYER - Lord's Prayer - Another Translation

Apparently, there are a variety of translations, from the original Aramaic, of the Lord's Prayer. My favorite is Mark Hathaway's translation, which is based on the work of Saadi Neil Douglas-Klotz.

"O Cosmic Birther of all radiance and vibration!
Soften the ground of my being and carve out a space within me where Your Presence can abide.
Fill me with Your Creativity so that I may be empowered to bear the fruit of Your Mission.
Let each of my actions bear fruit in accordance with Your Desire.
Endow me with the wisdom to produce and share what each being needs to grow and flourish.
Untie the tangled threads of destiny that bind me, as I release others from the entanglement of past mistakes.
Do not let me be seduced by that which would divert me from my true purpose, but illuminate the opportunities of the present moment.
For You are the ground and the fruitful vision, the birth-power and fulfillment, as all is gathered and made whole once again."


This beautiful prayer comforts me and resonates with my True Self.

Many Blessings, LB

No comments:

Post a Comment