Sunday, October 16, 2011

HEALING COLORS

I have spent much of my life in rooms with white or beige walls. In the spring of 2010, I was depressed and decided I needed a little color to cheer me up. I promptly began to purchase green paint samples, for one wall of my living room. I splashed six shades on it before I found "the" peridot green I desired. The green, which resonates with the heart chakra, energized me. So, I covered the opposing wall with the same hue. My living room looks like a long, peridot sandwich.

In the meantime, my project had mushroomed. I decided to paint my dining room a solar-plexus yellow and a bedroom wall, behind my bedstead, an indigo blue, which vibrates with the energy level of the third eye.

I repeated my color selection process. Those little sample cards don't do it for me. I require a big dollop of paint on the wall to see and feel its frequency. During this process, my walls looked like a two-year-old had gone wild with a paint brush, and they probably did. (You are never too old to have a happy childhood.)

It worked. The colors morphed my spirit to a higher plane.

No comments:

Post a Comment