Tuesday, October 11, 2011

FORGIVENESS

After reading my autobiography, Red Earth Woman, a friend, Nell, asked me if I had forgiven my parents.

I told Nell, because of my spiritual healing over the past 25 years, I had forgiven them.

However, I wondered if Nell had asked me the question because she had been emotionally and/or physically traumatized. I went on to caution her, in the early phases of recovery, one must feel to the depth of their being, their pain and anger. Forgiveness comes much later.

I believe we incarnate on the planet to grow spiritually and to help others grow spiritually. My parents were my greatest teachers. They forced me to go to the center of my being, where my True Self resides. In my pain, I cried out to my only source of strength, the God of my understanding. To be free of my pain, I had to surrender all of me to my Higher Power and become willing to do whatever was necessary to change my thoughts and their resultant emotions and actions.

My parents are in their eighties and preparing to cross to the other side. I send them forgiveness, love and compassion. They each carry heavy burdens, and I can only imagine the torture of their souls. I pray they both find peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment