Saturday, December 24, 2011

GRANDMOTHERS

My Grandmother Ollie quilted. In the winter, she sat in her rocking chair located by the blazing, wood stove. There, she cut out or stitched many quilt blocks. I also have fond memories of her and her quilting bee meeting in the one-room school house that my father attended. For warmth, there was a pot-bellied wood stove burning brightly through its window.

My Grandmother made me, as well as her other grandchildren, a beautiful quilt for my "hope chest."

Today, I completed six lap-quilts for my grandchildren. I started the project last year. My quilts are not as detailed as my grandmother's, but they contain just as much love.

I enjoyed making these personal gifts for my grandchildren. Tomorrow, I will enjoy their smiling faces.

Merry Christmas & Many Blessings, L.B.

No comments:

Post a Comment