Friday, December 2, 2011

MISSING IN ACTION

For several days, I was abducted by paint brushes, beautiful colors and canvas. During such periods, I am fairly silent and non-verbal. Having surfaced for a few hours, I thought I'd catch up with my fledgling audience, whomever you might be. I recently made the leap from three to four followers. God bless you.

I often wonder, "What is the point of all this writing?" Then, something, like a new follower, helps me feel this blog might be useful to a very small sector of humanity.

I have been writing for fifteen years, resulting in five, adult works of non-fiction and six children's books. My investment, in time, emotions and dollars, has been enormous. My book sales have been negligible. This time of the year, I often become discouraged about these facts. However, after the slump passes, I pick up and go again. I write because I must write. The Universe will determine if any words that issue through me merit reading.

The good news is two of my books, Red Earth Woman and Red Earth Wisdom, are, or soon will be, in Amazon's e-book library. Carol and Edna will follow. Next, my newest book, Ivey Hayes: The Art of Living, will join its sibling's ranks. Then, my 2006 book, Renaissance Woman will join them.

I wish many blessings to all who wander into this blog. May you live in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment